Sunday, March 29, 2015

Oval Pizza Bread








 Pizza Bread

Some time ago I got a bread maker thanks to the points we had accumulated on Bonus Link.  I was elated when it arrived and have been collecting bread recipes ever since.  It is so fulfilling to bake your own bread and watch your friends and family tucking into it with great gusto.  Ever since I bake something new every week and hope for the best.  Last week it was Pizza Bread.  I saw the photograph on Pinterest and was lured by its attractiveness.

When I clicked on the photograph it led me to  http://www.inspiredbycharm.com  and I had a fantastic time browsing through this site.  Many thanks for all those recipes.  Anyhow I made a few changes to the recipe to include the ingredients I happened to have and the result was more than I expected.  I not only enjoyed baking it I enjoyed showing it off to the entire household!!

The Recipe:

2 tsp instant yeast; 1 ½ cups warm water; 3 cups maida (flour); 3 tbsp protein powder; 2 tsp salt; 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar;
1 1/2 cups grated vegetables - I used 1 medium sized zucchini; 1 medium capsicum, 2 cloves garlic; 1 medium carrot; 1 cup cooked, diced chicken sausage; 1 cup Parmesan cheese; 1 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese;1 tbsp olive oil.

Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a large bowl. Let it stand for 3 minutes. Add  the flour, salt, and sugar. Mix using a spoon just until it comes together.

Add in the grated vegetables, diced sausage,  Parmesan cheese and mix well. The dough will be sticky. Dust with a little more flour if required. Let rise for about 1 hour, then put in the refrigerator to continue rising for another hour.

Take the dough out of the refrigerator.   Sprinkle flour on lour your board and  roll out the dough into a rectangle about 11×17”. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese  over top. Then, fold along the long side, like an envelope. Seal sides so cheese is not exposed. Let your loaf rest while you preheat oven to 220 C.
Bake the bread, either on a pizza tray  or like I did  in a bundt pan for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown.   About 3 minutes before taking it out, lightly brush the top with olive oil and let it finish baking.  Let rest on a wire rack to cool slightly before slicing.

Serve warm with olive oil or garlic butter.  We ate it plain and I can't wait to bake it again. 









No comments:

Post a Comment