Thursday, October 16, 2014

Nutty Cheese Cake

Cashew Nut Cheesecake
Early this month, I decided to bake to please myself.  I  have been wanting to try this out ever since I read about it a few years ago.  And it seemed the best time to do so.  As usual I mixed and matched and combined a few recipes.  The end result was scrumptious- even if I say so myself.

The Recipe :

3/4 cup dates, de seed; 3/4 cup almonds; 1 cup broken cashewnuts; 1/2 cup honey; 2 tbsp lime juice and 1 tsp vanilla; sliced peaches or fruit of your choice.

Soak cashew nuts in water overnight.   Grease a cheesecake pan with oil and keep aside.  Grind the dates and almonds seperately to a coarse texture and mix together to form a soft dough.  This is the base.  Gently press it on to the bottom of the cheese cake pan with your fingers and keep in the freezer for 20 minutes or until set.   Next day drain the cashew nuts completely and grind to a smooth paste.  along with the lime juice, honey  and vanilla essence  Pour onto the date and almond base and freeze for two hours.  Decorate with the sliced peaches and serve as a dessert after dinner.  This is a rich, smooth cheesecake that simply melts in your mouth.



No comments:

Post a Comment