Monday, August 24, 2015

Double Skewered Grilled Prawns






Cleaning prawns are messy and unless I buy jumbo prawns, I usually avoid this fast food in the market.  Every once in a while I do buy some and make the quickest, simplest recipe to compensate for the time I spend cleaning them.  This is the time I take out my sauces and powders and mix and stir and grill them to luscious perfection.

The Recipe:

50 large prawns, shelled,washed and deveined; 1/2 tsp chilli powder; 1 tsp light soya sauce; 1/4 tsp jeera powder; 1 tsp tomato sauce; 1 tbsp olive oil;salt and pepper to taste.

20 wooden skewers

Drain the prawns thoroughly.   Mix the oil, powders, sauces and salt together.  Marinade the prawns overnight in this mixture.  Soak the skewers in water for 1 hour.  This is to prevent them from burning on the grill.  Next day, take on of the skewers,and poke it through the side of the prawn.  Take another skewer and poke it through the opposite side of the prawn as in the photograph.  Similarly skewer 5 prawns per set of skewers.  Repeat with rest of the prawns and skewers.  Grill on an open grill on high heat for 5 minutes on each side or in a preheated  oven at highest setting for 5 minutes on each side.  Serve hot as an appetiser.

To Attend My Cooking Classes Click Here

https://plateculture.com/where-to-eat/optimummm-indian-cooking-workshop

No comments:

Post a Comment