Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Three Ingredient Cheesecake


                                                         Dark Chocolate Cheesecake / Japanese Cheesecake

Who doesn't love Cheese Cake?  Last week I saw a recipe for a Three Ingredient Japanese Cheese Cake on Facebook and shared it on my page.  My friend, Rose tried it out and posted the photograph to me.  I decided to make it with dark chocolate instead of white.  The result was a melting, moist chocolatey Cheese Cake.  Perfect for that special occasion.

The Recipe:

250 gms dark chocolate or white chocolate); 250 gms cream cheese; 5 large eggs, seperated; icing sugar to sprinkle on top.


Melt the chocolate in a double boiler stirring all the while.  Add the cream cheese and keep stirring till thoroughly mixed.  Remove the bowl from the double boiler, add the 5 yolks and mix well.  Beat the whites to a stiff consistency and add to the mixture little by little.  Pour into a greased and lined 9 inch round cake pan.  Pour some hot water into the tray on which you place the pan in the oven.  I poured 1 cup.  Bake in a preheated oven at 170 Celcius for 15 minutes, 160 Celcius for 15 minutes , then switch off the oven and let the cake cook in the remaining heat for 15 minutes.  Cool, unmould, sprinkle with sugar and serve at room temperature or cold.  In my opinion it tastes better cold.
TO Attend My Mangalorean Food Workshop Click Here

            Visit Ruth's profile on Pinterest.   

No comments:

Post a Comment