Sunday, August 14, 2016

Baked Brinjals with Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar


Baked Brinjals with Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar

Although I have been a fan of Nigella for years, I never tried out any of her recipes until I saw her on MasterChef recently.  Brinjals are not a favourite in our family and eaten under protest when confronted with it.  This sounded really good, so since I had some brinjals in my vegetable basket decided to give it a try with the ingredients I had in my kitchen.  The original recipe is from
http://www.chatelaine.com/recipe/vegetarian/nigella-lawsons-baby-eggplant-with-oregano-and-red-onion/
Mine is different and tastes so good.

The Recipe:

500 gms medium sized brinjals- any variety will do; 2 tbsp olive oil; 2-3 fresh Oregano leaves ( I have then growing on my balcony); 1 medium onion, sliced fine- used the Indian Onions that we always use; 4 tbsp pomegranate balsamic vinegar that was a gift and just waiting to be used; salt to taste; 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil; 1 1/2 tbsp cold water; 1 large clove garlic, minced fine; a few fresh oregano leaves for garnish.
Preheat oven to 225 C.  Slice brinjals in half lengthwise, keeping the stalks on. Mix olive oil with fresh oregano in a bowl.  Place the eggplants, cut-side down in a baking pan and drizzle the mixture all over.  Grill in centre of oven 5-7 minutes each side until golden brown.  Mix onion, pomegranate balsamic vinegar and salt in a small bowl. Keep aside for 10 minutes. Gently whisk in extra-virgin olive oil, cold water and garlic. Transfer brinjals to a serving plate. Pour onion dressing over eggplant. Keep aside for 10 - 15 minutes.    Sprinkle with fresh oregano and serve as an appetiser or side dish.  Tastes too good to be true and I can't wait to make it again!
To Attend My Healthy Cooking Class CLICK HERE



https://www.withlocals.com/experience/traditional-cooking-class-with-family-recipes-3be67c01/

No comments:

Post a Comment