Sunday, August 28, 2016

Rice Wine Chicken


Rice Wine Chicken
A few months ago I realised that I had accumulated extra points over the years thanks to our credit card purchases in different places.  I had no idea that I could exchange the points for a variety of things.  So, I went through the catalogue and was really excited to see that one of the items available was a roaster.  To cut a long story short, I went and got it and this is the first recipe I made using my Roaster Oven and everyone loved it.


I had this really old bottle of home made rice wine given by a friend and decided to use  whatever ingredients I had in my kitchen.  So here goes...

The Recipe:

1 whole skinless 2 kg chicken- clean, wash and thoroughly drain;  1/2 cup Chinese Rice Wine; zest and juice of 2 lemons; 2 tbsp olive oil; 1 tsp crushed Pink Himalayn salt.

Mix ingredients together and marinade the chicken overnight.  Next day, bring it to room temperature, preheat the Roaster Oven for 5 minutes at 200C, place chicken in a shallow pan with marinade in the roaster and roast chicken for 40 minutes or till done.  Follow instructions given in the manual.  Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with ginger- garlic sauce and any flavoured rice.

Ginger Garlic Sauce:

4 red chillies- fresh because we prefer less than spicy food; juice of 1 large lime; 2 cloves of garlic; 1 inch piece ginger; 1 tsp brown sugar; 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste; 4 tsp olive oil.

Grind all ingredients to a smooth paste maintaining a liquid consistency.  Transfer to a glass bowl and keep aside till require.  Refrigerate the left over s and use with any roast meat or fried eggs.

To Attend My Healthy Cooking Class CLICK HERE









No comments:

Post a Comment