Saturday, November 29, 2014

Baked Soy Chicken

Chicken With Wine
One of my favourite occupations when I have the time is browsing through cook books and magazines for different recipes and then creating my own recipe.  I am also doing my best to come to my ideal weight and have just 2 more kgs to go.  So I have changed my cooking method to baking or grilling and counting my calories while eating delicious meals every day.

The Recipe:

1 kg chicken, skinless- jointed, washed and drained; 1 small head of broccoli cut into finger sized pieces; 2 tbsp light soy sauce; 1 tsp dark soy sauce; 1 tbsp brown sugar; 3 tbsp olive oil; 2 cloves garlic, minced; a small bunch of celery leaves (about 1/2 cup); 3 spring onions, cut fine; 1 small onion, sliced fine; salt and pepper to taste.

Marinade chicken overnight in the above ingredients in the refrigerator.  Next day bring to room temperature and bake in a preheated oven at 425 F or 220 C for 30 minutes until brown.  Turn the pieces over and bake for another 10 minutes or till cooked (metal skewer inserted into a piece of chicken should come out clean and there should not be red liquid coming out).  Serve with crusty bread or wholemeal toasted buns. 


No comments:

Post a Comment