Sunday, February 28, 2016

Pineapple Coconut Pudding


Creamy Pudding
I came across this  Creamy Concoction during my holiday in Cambodia.  While reading about the culture, history and food of Cambodia I was pleasantly surprised to note that a lot of coconut is used in cooking.  I even ate various curries and desserts like mine and hence decided to try this dessert which I read about in an article on local food.  Adapted to my taste, this is a very satisfying dessert for a Sunday afternoon.

The Recipe:

1 cup thick coconut milk; 1/2 cup brown sugar or to taste; 2 dsp corn flour; 2 tsp vanilla essence; 4 large eggs; 250 gms pineapple chunks- reserve some for decorating the top.

Blend all ingredients to a thick, smooth liquid.  Pour into glass dish and bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for 1 hour or until skewer inserted into pudding comes out clean.  Decorate with remaining pineapple, raisins or toasted coconut and serve hot or cold.  




https://plateculture.com/where-to-eat/optimummm-indian-cooking-workshop

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your great post. Your post is really valuable and help me a lot. Waiting for your next similar post.
    Restaurant Inventory Management

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dylan, am glad you liked my post. Thank you for your comments. Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dylan, am glad you liked my post. Thank you for your comments. Ruth

    ReplyDelete