Friday, January 29, 2016

Spring Onion Bread

Spring Onion Bread
 While browsing the internet I came across many versions of this bread and I liked the way it looked.  I was sure it would taste good and so many days later, since I happened to have a surplus of spring onions in my refrigerator I made this bread using my convection oven and the result was a bread that tasted like a crusty pizza.  Super yum.
For original recipe go to 


I made a few changes.

The Recipe:

       2 1/2 cups bread flour; 1 tsp brown sugar;   1 tsp olive oil; 1 tsp sesame seed oil for oiling pan; 1 tsp salt; 1 cup warm water;     1 tsp instant yeast; 1 cup chopped spring onions;  4 tbsp white sesame seeds.

     Place the flour, salt, sugar, water, oil  and yeast in a large bowl.  Using the dough hook of your mixer combine ingredients until the dough comes together ( I used medium speed 3).   Lower speed to 2 and knead for 2 to 3 minutes until the dough is soft and elastic and one smooth bmass.  Grease a glass bowl and place the dough in it.  Cover with cling film and leave to rise for an hour until it doubles in size.  
     Roll out the dough into a rectangle on a floured surface.  Spread the spring onions on it and roll it up  and then coil it into a spiral.  Gently roll out into a large round.  Sprinkle both sides with sesame seeds and rest for about 30 minutes.  Oil and heat a non stick pan and cook the bread for 1 minute each side.  Transfer to an oiled pizza pan and bake in a preheated oven at 400F or 200 C for 10 minutes or until brown and crisp.  Cool and slice.
     This bread is so tasty, it can be eaten plain.








No comments:

Post a Comment