Friday, May 27, 2016

Sugarless Carrot Halva







                                                                      Sugarless Carrot Halva

Some time ago an elderly friend requested some recipes for sugarless Indian desserts and I sent a few from my collection.  I like to try different recipes and so made this version and liked it very much. Nowadays, I leave out the sugar and use low fat milk and honey to make all my desserts.  This version is as delicious as it looks. The sweetness of the carrots and raisins make this a suitable dessert for older people.

The Recipe:

1 cup grated carrots; 1 cup low fat milk; 1/4 cup raisins chopped; 1/4 cup almond flakes; honey to drizzle over.

Boil the carrots and milk till thick and mushy. Stir in the nuts and raisins. Simmer for two minutes. Remove from fire. Serve hot or cold drizzled with honey ( optional).

To Attend My Healthy Cooking Class Click Here











No comments:

Post a Comment